SANTA ON STRIKE!

Father Christmas has gone on strike!

Write a persuasive letter in the comments persuading him to change his mind. Remember to include appropriate language.

There may be tickets for high quality work!

This entry was posted in writing. Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to SANTA ON STRIKE!

1. Adam says:

Dear Santa,
    I find you decision most upsetting. You have invested all your time making these toys and now you are going to let them rot on your shelves. Think about how much plastic you’ve used making these toys. Think about how many trees you’ve cut down to make wood. Now I beg you to change your mind.
    Just imagine Christmas Day. Children will be scrambling downstairs to check their presents. Once they reach the tree their hearts will be broken. They’ll be gazing down at the empty space where there presents SHOULD be. A tear might role down there cheek, before splashing onto the comfy couch.
    Do you have any idea how much calamity you are going to cause? Hundreds of people will be knocking on other people’s doors, asking if they received any presents. Many roads will be congested due to this unfortunate occurrence.
    People will start to feel dizzy with all this confusion dancing about in their heads. There is even a chance young children will no longer believe in you: the Christmas spirit bringer. Even your elves must be confused about why you went on strike after all the preparation you have done.
    Given that you only do this job once a year, you should definitely be able to deliver presents to all the good children at Christmas. In addition, you will make lots of families extremely happy.
    Yours sincerely,
    Adam Haque

2. Catherine says:

48,Pringle Road
    Wimbledon
    London
    CR1 5PS
    Friday 3rd January 2020

Mr.Claus
    A shack
    Mince Pie Street
    The North Pole

Dear Mr.Claus,
    I am writing to persuade you that you SHOULD NOT go on strike, and ruin billions of children’s Christmases. Is that how you want to be remembered?

All you have to do is work one day of the year, to make so many people happy and then for the next 365 days (2020 is a leap year) you can : go on holiday with Mrs.Claus; eat mince pies; read the newspapers and do other Santa stuff. But even with all this said, you continue to appall me with your selfishness. Think of all the work the innocent elves have done that will go to waste because of your greediness. Surely, the guilt of that would be too much to bear?

I have known you for 11 years now, and you have never given anyone a Christmas that they didn’t enjoy. Find the love and kindness in your heart and be the outstanding man you are. Don’t let down the reindeer, don’t let down the elves, don’t let down everyone that’s counting on you to make this a very merry Christmas!

Thank you for reading my letter and considering my opinions. I hope you decide to change your mind!

Yours sincerely,
    Catherine O’Shea

3. Sule and Joey says:

Dear Santa,
    You can’t go on strike as you will break heaps of young children’s hearts and their eyes will fill up with tears and drop onto the couch just as rain drops onto the ground. Parents will be trapped in homes full of tantrum children who’s hopes are now lost. If you go on strike your legacy will be lost in the history books for as long as time rules on never to be found ever again.