Skellig

Please take the time to read Phoebe’s alternative version of Skellig. She has clearly worked incredibly hard on this piece of writing and has incorporated description, tension and dialogue into her work.

What do you notice about the language that she has used? Is it genre specific? Is her use of dialogue effective? Please feed back in the comments.

This entry was posted in home learning, writing. Bookmark the permalink.

15 Responses to Skellig

1. Grace says:

Wow. That is one long but amazing story Phoebe. It must of taken a long time to do, you clearly put lots of effort in and made it high quality work.

2. Phoebe says:

When you read through it, there is a part where I wrote “al” instead of “all”. Just wanted to say that.

3. Ariel says:

This is good, high quality work.

4. Ewen says:

I enjoyed reading this, and it is very descriptive, but at one point it says ‘like a hunted house’. Was this meant to be ‘haunted house’?

5. Catherine says:

Sorry, I didn’t know where to put this. I think there is a problem with the maths for the first clue on the last line, the furthest to the left. I can’t figure out the missing measurement because not enough information is given. That question is crucial to finding out the clue as well.

6. Catherine says:

Star: Your description and use of adjectives and adverbs is very good.
    Star: The way you narrate the story is captivating and makes me want to read on.
    Wish: You tend to repeat things quite a lot. For example-“Somewhere,” I softly said. I silently placed my finger to my lips and softly grabbed her hand. Dandelions swayed softly in the midsummer breeze.” There you over used softly.

7. Jake says:

Everyone’s sounds so amazing.