Stevie Wonder

As part of our music curriculum and Year Group assembly, we looked at the life and career of Stevie Wonder. How does Stevie’s life and art reflect the ethos that we value at Pelham?

This entry was posted in British Values, music. Bookmark the permalink.

32 Responses to Stevie Wonder

1. Ewen says:

I loved the class assembly!

2. Nam says:

I realy like Stevie Wonder he is so inspiring. My favourite song is As.

3. Jake says:

Well done for figuring it out

4. Eleni says:

The show was amazing everyone, everyone worked so hard.

5. Adam says:

We are resilient like Stevie Wonder and we never give up.

6. Adi says:

He is persistent. This is shown when he lost his sense smell and also when he was protesting against discrimination against black people. This reflects our ethos at Pelham Primary School.

7. Suleman says:

Because we are a kind and inclusive school who do not discriminate by race or colour and we are resilient and helpful in times of need.

8. Ariel says:

I love we are the world it is such a nice song too listen! there will never be so many talented artists in one room ever again.

9. payam says:

Ethos means if you reflect back to something.

10. Amy says:

I think it is great the we all respect Stevie Wonder. It does not matter if you can see or not. Everyone is the same. He as thing we don’t, and we have things he doesn’t have. We value people for amazing things they can do with vision, why not without.

11. W says:

It inspires us to not giive up

12. Elpida says:

I think he reflects the ethos that we value here at Pelham because he has face many difficulties but he was resilient and it didn’t let it stop him. That is the same for pupils that find different activities or tasks hard but they try their hardest but might or might not but they sill tried just like Stevie Wonder. If he didn’t persevere, he wouldn’t be well known or a very inspiring figure.

13. Grace says:

My favourite song is we are the world.

14. Yeseo says:

He reflects the ethos of our school. We don’t descriminate people by their looks, or their disabilities. We also are a very positive school to try and keep people happy. We are against being rude, as nobody would like to feel left out.

The disabilities don’t matter. Their inside is what matters. This links back to his quote, “Just because a man lacks the use of his eyes, dosen’t mean he lacks vision.” This is an inspiring quote as this is very true and against being left out beacause of disabilities.

15. Yeseo's mum says:

Oh! I saw the video. I was so impressed with it. Soooooooo lovely.

16. Mr Woolton says:

An excellent assembly. Well done everyone. It was clear that you all enjoyed learning about the life and work of Stevie Wonder. Your art work on “our stairs” is a joy to see every day.
    Stevie Wonder has worked with many other musicians and offered support to those less confident than he is. I think we do that so well at Pelham, ensuring that everyone has an opportunity to Shine!

17. TAHA says:

Stevie Wonder really inspired me.

18. Sarah - Eleni’s mum says:

What a fantastic assembly! Loved every minute. Well done year 6.

19. SHAEYLAH says:

thank you so much mrs Watson and Mr burns

20. jake says:

Well done everyone.

21. Ariel says:

Stevie is a good man.