Anti-bullying week

This week, we have been doing many things to celebrate our individuality and unite against bullying, from workshops to wearing odd socks.  We also enjoyed watching Andy and the Odd Socks singing The Kids Are United.

Posted in News, PSHE | 1 Comment

French Envelope Puppets

Amusez-vous bien! (Enjoy these!)

IMG_0652 IMG_0657 IMG_0660

Hop on over to our Class Stream to see some more of your puppet work.

Posted in French | 1 Comment

Maths – White Rose’s ‘Barvember’

Here is the first of several Barvember maths questions that I’m intending to post over the next few weeks.  Some are easier than others,  and there will always be a challenge question which should stretch your mathematical thinking.  House points will be up for grabs, so it’s definitely worth having a go.  Remember to apply RUCSAC and do what the question asks. If it asks for an explanation, then be sure to include an explanation… good luck everyone!

Today’s challenge:

I intend to post the solutions towards the end of the week.

Posted in Maths | 2 Comments

P4C

Our next P4C session will be based around an animated short called Veni Vidi Vici:  click on the title to watch it.  When I watched, I realised that there are lots of possible themes that you might want to discuss.  Please put your questions into the comment box below, so that you can all exercise your Pupil Voice by voting on the one you would like to use in our next P4C lesson.

Remember, the best questions are open-ended, because they present the opportunity to have much deeper, more wide ranging conversations than closed questions.

Posted in P4C | 30 Comments

Maths

Lots of fun was had this morning as we played Prime Number golf to support our learning in maths.  Congratulations to our overall winners, Tom and Ananya.

Posted in Maths | 2 Comments

Viking Projects

It has been great to start this half term with some of your Viking projects, thank you to Tom for bravely being the person to start us off.

You will find the link to Pippa’s special edition of Newsround here

For those of you who asked, here are Tom’s references:

You can find Pippa’s at the end of her broadcast.

I’m looking forward to seeing the rest of your projects – please bring them in as and when you are ready.

Posted in History | Leave a comment

Happy Half Term

I just wanted to wish you all the happiest of half terms, and hope that you have an opportunity to look after your mental health and wellbeing by relaxing, having fun and doing some of those things that we were talking about earlier today.  See you in November!

Posted in News | 1 Comment

Achievement Assembly

Congratulations to Rishav and Will for being awarded Skills Builder certificates in speaking and teamwork following on from our fabulous Legal Eagles project last week. I think it’s fair to say that we all enjoyed participating in the mock trials: Miss Genas and I were very impressed with the way in which many of you tried to incorporate legalese into your submissions to our Court Room.

Posted in News, Skills Builder | Leave a comment

Netball Competition

Our House Netball Competition gave everyone an opportunity to show that they were starting to understand both the rules and the different positions.  Shout out to Jack and Pippa, who proved to be particularly determined when it came to scoring.

I am delighted to reveal that our overall winners were…

Dragon Images | Teaching Resources

Many congratulations to everyone in Dragons.

Posted in House Points, News | 1 Comment

Irrelevant Information

I wonder if, just like last year, this will prove to be one of the most popular posts – let’s see…

Posted in News | 30 Comments