Diversity Week

Thank you for the thought provoking assembly this morning Mrs Greer.

How do we all feel about gender and toys? Discuss 

This entry was posted in British Values, PSHE. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Diversity Week

1. W says:

I sometimes like dolls.

2. Eleni;) says:

What I really HATE is in shops there might be a mixed section but the packaging tells you if it is a “boy” thing or a “girl” thing or there is a “girl” colour or a “boy” colour on it.

And if there is separate sections WHICH I HATE and a boy likes a “girl” thing they would probably feel embarrassed if people are looking.

3. Yire says:

I actually think it is quite idiotic to make a “boy’s” section and a “girl’s” section.

4. Eleni;) says:

Soz got to say this I HATE GENDER STEREOTYPES

5. Sophia says:

I think we should have sections for girls or sections for boys but I don’t think it’s right to say just boys or just girls. Also it doesn’t matter if a boy goes into the girls section or a girl goes into the boys section.

6. Eleni;) says:

I also hat how girls are meant to only play with unicorns, dolls and slime and boys are only aloud to play with dinosaurs, construction and video games.

7. Eleni;) says:

AND GIRLS AND BOYS ARE ALOUD TO PLAY WITH ANYTHING THEY WANT

8. Catherine says:

I HATE WHEN SHOPS DO THIS! Loads of girls would like to play with: lego,construction toys, cars,blue things, footballs or sporty toys. And those are just some of the stupid stereotypes we have.Boys might like to play with:dolls, dresses, pink stuff, slime, unicorns and glitter.More dumb stereotypes. I love playing with lego(my room is full of it)and sport and everything on that boy list and I’m sure boys might like to play with “girls toys” aswell. Shops are going to make LESS MONEY by restricting kids to one section. people might feel judged going in the other section (just like the clothes shops) and that’s definitely NOT RIGHT! When I heard about “let toys be toys” I was really happy that some people were finally doing something about this. When I’m older I would like to do something about this problem too.

9. Catherine says:

Eleni says she agrees.

10. Ariel ( ͡ಥ ͜ʖ ͡ಥ) says:

OOOOOOOH MY GOD! obviously this would happen! ‘Justgirls Justboys’ the word Just makes me feel like boys only go to blue areas and girls go to pink areas, when I was around 6-8 I remember when I bought a pink unicorn, people kept on staring at me and I cried because it made me feel like I looked silly, at the end I ignored them and I felt good about my self.